Monday, June 8, 2009

A really Goode Job Pt.3



GRRR, just when you thought things were going well with the Murphy-Goode gig. . . my video is one of the top rated video’s on the "A Really Goode Job" micro-site, met the winemaker and had a phone interview with the recruiter. Game on!

It’s been three days, I haven’t showered, ate or let alone sleep. This social networking stuff is intense. The whole term “social” is completely lost on me? I haven’t had a conversation with a real person in days. I manage to make to make it around the corner to Venice Beach Wines by day to keep this Hunter S. Thompson existence alive and well by night. I need some sort of subsistence while building my “social-media dome”. My right hand is close to falling off. I write all day long. Search for a jobs, write cover letters, and blog, blog, blog. Jimmy Fallon has become my new best friend as I click through every one of my social media contacts asking them to vote on my video until the wee hours of the morning. It’s arduous work but, I happily click away. The goal is in sight. A photo of Christine, my mini cooper, in the vineyards of TEIRA Wines on Dry Creek Road(http://www.teirawines.com/)sits on my desk. Her little engine purrs when we explore the winding country roads of Sonoma. So does mine.

3am, I finally power down my computer. If only I could blog in my sleep.

The next morning the announcement comes. A message directly from Murphy-Goode Wines sits in my inbox. Great, right? Not so much. They’ve extend the application deadline. I’m not sure why? Are they not reading my blog? Have they not noticed the social media storm I have created about myself??? I think perhaps they’ve had too much wine. The best candidate is right here!

1 comment:

  1. congratulations - We're a small wine shop, but we're doing a lot on Facebook & Twitter - we just launched a promotion for someone to win a B&B Dream Vacation along the Blue Ridge Parkway yesterday to see how very small "mom & pops" can use social media to get the sort of results that the big guys like Queensland and Goode are doing. We'll see if people are as competitive to get a vacation as they are to get a job. More info here: http://whyineedabreak.ning.com

    ReplyDelete